Appliance Insurance FAQs
If you have any specific questions with regards to a new or existing policy please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, email, or in writing.
For instant help, try our search box. Alternatively, you can browse our Appliance Warranty Frequently Asked Questions.
Get a Quote
General Questions and Definitions
- How do I cancel my policy?
- What does moratorium mean?
- What is the excess?
- Can I get a discount if I pay annually rather than monthly?
- Can I pay by credit card?
- Is there a limit on the number of call outs?
- How long is the policy for?
- What do I need to do if I am moving home?
- What cover is provided by the policy?
- Do you cover second hand items?
- Can I insure a reconditioned appliance from eBay?
Making a Claim
- How do I make a claim?
- How soon after purchase can I make a claim?
- Do I need proof of purchase for my appliances?
- Do I have to arrange the engineer and is there a charge?
- How much is the labour rate?
- How much is the average claim?
- What happens if my claim goes over the individual claim limit?
What is Covered?
- Do you cover all types of Ovens, Hobs and Cooker Hoods?
- Do you cover American-style fridges and freezers?
- Are my fridge shelves covered?
- Are coffee machines covered?
- Are my DVD, DVD recorders and Blu-ray players covered?
- Do you cover games consoles, computers, tablets, phones?
- Are DSLR cameras covered?
- Are 3D TVs covered?
- I have a 60 inch TV, is that covered?
- Do you cover vacuum cleaners?
- Are music keyboards covered?
- Do you cover alarms or security systems?
- Are my digital TV receiver and multi-room equipment covered?
- Are electric fire places covered?
- What is the value of a Sky box?
- Do you cover home emergency/plumbing problems?
- Is central heating covered?
- Is my satellite dish covered?
- Do you cover industrial items?
- Do you cover appliances for Landlords?
Fixing Your Appliance
- Who will repair my appliance?
- What happens if my appliance cannot be fixed?
- Are appliances that cannot be fixed, replaced?
- How quickly will an appliance be seen to if it needs repairing?
- Can you repair all makes of appliances?
- Is the cost of appliance parts covered?
- Are Our Engineers Qualified to Fix all Makes of Appliances?
- If my appliance is deemed Beyond Economical Repair, how long will the cheque take to get to me?
- What is the maximum age for an appliance?
- Am I covered for accidental damage?
- Can you cover items over 8 years old?
- Will my policy cover more than one of each item?
- Can I have extended cover for each of my items separately?
- Where do I tell you what items I’d like covered?
- How do I add my appliances?
- What happens to appliances I have registered once they reach 8 years old?
- Do I get notified when my appliances are over 8 years old?