Landlords Legal and Rent Guarantee FAQs
If you have any specific questions with regard to a new or existing policy please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, email, or in writing.
For instant help, try our search box above.
Here you find a list of all Home Emergency Cover Frequently Asked Questions:
General Questions and Definitions
- What is a tenancy agreement?
- How do I receive legal assistance?
- If I purchase the 1 year policy, does it still cover the property even if the tenant changes?
- What do I need to have in place before taking out the Landlord Rent Guarantee?
- What is a Tenant Reference check?
- Does the tenant need a reference?
- Does my tenant need to get a good result from the tenant credit check for me to approve the application?
- What is an inventory?
- How much does the tenant need to be in arrears before I can make a claim?
- How will the rental arrears be paid?
- My tenant is on housing benefit, will this be covered?
- Does my tenant need a guarantor?
- Is there a period of time where I can not make a claim (moratorium)?
- Is there an excess?
- If the landlord has purchased the 1 year policy, does it still cover the property even if the tenant changes?
- Can I extend my policy if I need to?