Mobility Scooter FAQs
If you have any specific questions with regards to a new or existing mobility scooter insurance policy please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone.
For instant help, try our search box or check our frequently asked questions below:
General Questions and Definitions
- Is insurance needed for my mobility scooter?
- How do I make a claim?
- What is a custom-built powered wheelchair?
- Does my mobility scooter need to be registered with the DVLA?
- Is a licence required to ride on the road with a mobility scooter?
- Who else can I put on my insurance?
- Do I get a ‘No Claims Bonus’ each time I renew my policy?
- Is there any age limit on this policy?
- What happens if I get a new scooter?
Am I Covered?
Leaving your mobility scooter
- Does my mobility scooter have to be stored at my own home?
- Am I covered if I leave my mobility scooter overnight locked in my car?
- What should I do if my mobility scooter has broken down?
- Under the Home Recovery cover, is there a limit to how close I need to be to my home?
- How often can I use the recovery service in an insured year?
- If my scooter needs repairs, can I be taken to a repairer instead of my home?
- Is there a limit of how far I can to be away from home to be recovered?
- Does my policy cover me if I am away on holiday?
- Am I covered for recovery worldwide?