It’s very annoying when you’re waiting for your favourite programme only to discover your Sky Box …
Washing Machine Insurance
Protect your washing machine and other household appliances for just £6.58 a month
Manufacturer’s washing machine warranties don’t last forever and they don’t necessarily provide all the cover you need. Our Washing Machine Insurance provides cover for your washing machine after the manufacturer’s warranty ends.
We know that the washing machine is an essential appliance for most households and suffering unexpected mechanical or electrical issues can result in you having to fork out hefty fees to repair or replace the appliance. Our policy provides washing machine breakdown cover, protecting you from these costs and keeping your daily routine running smoothly.
With our appliance insurance policies you have the option to protect just one washing machine from just £6.58 a month or include multiple kitchen and audio/visual appliances with our multi-appliance policy starting from just £10.99 a month.
Why choose us?
There are many reasons to choose our policies, here are just a few of them
We want to help you be protected from the unexpected and provide you with:
- Quick response times
- UK based customer service centre for ongoing help and support
- Option to extend your washing machine warranty for 5 or 6 years, until your machine is 8 years old
- No call out fees
- Expert engineers
- 24/7 Nationwide repair network
- No hidden fees
- Access to an online account which allows you to conveniently manage your policy
- All major washing machine manufacturers covered
- Single appliance cover: Our policies start from just £6.58* per month. Cover for a single household appliance up to a total value of £3000 (kitchen and audio/visual appliances). *Only to be paid annually
- Multi-appliance insurance cover start from just £10.99 per month. We offer three levels of cover for you to choose from
- Bronze cover: Cover for multiple household appliances up to a total combined value of £1000 (kitchen appliances only)
- Silver cover: Cover for multiple household appliances up to a total combined value of £3000 (kitchen and audio appliances)
- Gold cover: Cover for multiple home appliances up to a total combined value of £5000 (kitchen and audio appliances).
What is covered?
Please have a look at the main coverage :
- Unlimited number of repairs up to the policy limit
- All washing machine sizes including:small,compact models, eco-washing machines, washer-dryers, twin tubs and heavy-duty machines for large households
- Call out charges
- Replacement and repair costs
- Unlimited number of repairs up to the policy limit
- Parts and labour costs
- With the multi-appliance policy there is no limit to the number of items you have on the policy, as it is calculated by the value of the items.
- Cover for mechanical or electrical breakdown which isn’t covered by domestic contents insurance
What is not covered?
We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible:
Please have a look at some aspects that we do not cover, because sadly we can not cover everything.
Important bits to know
It is up to you to take due care of your washing machine, to see that it is serviced regularly (by approved engineers) and is stored in a safe place where chances of damage are minimised.
It is important to note there is a 14-day Moratorium with the appliance insurance policies before you are able to make a claim.
In the event of a claim, please be aware you will need proof of purchase of the appliance to confirm you are the first owner.
In the event of an incident likely to result in a claim please call 03300 555 274. This policy is underwritten by AmTrust International Underwriters Ltd and all claims are handled by Business and Domestic Administration Services (Motorway Direct).
Is Washing Machine Insurance worth it?
It is not uncommon to experience problems with your Washing Machine. If something does go wrong, you may be stuck with having to pay to replace the appliance or having to pay repair costs such as; labour, parts, call-out fees etc. You will also have the added stress of identifying an expert engineer that you can depend on, which can be a difficult task in itself.
With our Washing Machine Breakdown Insurance, we do all of the hard work for you. From appointing an expert, arranging the call-out, covering the repair costs to managing the replacement of the appliance and covering the costs.
Our prices start at £6.58 per month, making our policies a cheap washing machine insurance option as opposed to some of our competitors, allowing you to live life confidently knowing that we have your washing machine covered.
What Brands of Washing Machine are covered?
Our Washing Machine Cover is not limited by brand but is more focused around the value of the appliance. Some branded appliances are more expensive than others, for example; Samsung washing machines, Hotpoint Washing Machines & Beko Washing Machines.
The brand is not a factor for us we believe in providing protection for our customers without limitations, allowing us to provide the best washing machine insurance that we can!
Does this policy provide cover for my washer dryer?
Yes, our policy can be tailored to your specific needs, providing you with washer dryer insurance.
This is as long as you inform us that the appliance is a washer dryer combo when taking out the policy.
Can I get Insurance cover for my tumble dryer?
Our flexible home appliance insurance allows you to specify which appliance you want to cover, allowing you to take out tumble dryer insurance, as well as cover for your washing machine and any other appliances within your home.
Some frequently asked questions
Yes there is a 14-day cooling off period with this policy.
Yes we offer a 3 month guarantee on any washing machine/home appliance repairs made by us.
We do not cover any appliances used for either business or commercial use.
Unfortunately, your appliances will not be covered for accidental damage under this policy.
However, you can insure your appliances for accidental damage with our Home contents insurance.
Would you like to know what our customers say?