Here you’ll find answers to the FAQs across our insurance product range. If you don’t see your question here, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Landlord Rent GuaranteeFrequently Asked Questions about our Landlords Rent Guarantee Insurance.
General Questions and Definitions - Landlords Legal & Rent Guarantee
- Does the policy cover tenants on Universal Credit/DSS?
- What does the 90 day exclusion mean?
- Does the policy cover tenants that have not passed the relevant checks, but their guarantor is able to meet the financial agreement and checks?
- Does the policy cover HMO/Multiple Occupancy properties?
- Can I extend my policy if I need to?
- Is there an excess?
- Is there a period of time where I can not make a claim (moratorium)?
- Does my tenant need a guarantor?
- How much does the tenant need to be in arrears before I can make a claim?
- What is an inventory?
- Does my tenant need to get a good result from the tenant credit check?
- Does the tenant need a reference?
- What is a Tenant Reference check?
- What do I need to have in place before taking out the Landlord Rent Guarantee?
- If the landlord has purchased the 1 year policy, does it still cover the property even if the tenant changes?
- What is a tenancy agreement?