Home Emergency Cover
Comprehensive all-in-one cover from just £45 a year
There’s no telling when an emergency will strike and that’s why it’s best to take the Boy Scout’s motto to heart and be prepared. We consider a home emergency to be a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation within your property that requires immediate action.
From just £45 a year, our high-level comprehensive home emergency cover helps you recover quickly from a wide range of emergencies. From the failure of your boiler and mains services to the removal of pest infestations within your home.
You can rest assured that with our 24/7 emergency helpline, our expert advisors will be there to send out an approved repairer to help restore normality back into your home as soon as possible.
If you are a landlord, we can also take care of your tenant’s emergencies for you with our Landlord’s Home Emergency Insurance.
Key Benefits of our Home Emergency Insurance
- All-in-one policy covering leaking and burst pipes and complete failure of gas boilers, central heating systems and main services
- Removal of pest infestations is also included
- Quality-approved engineers arranged on your behalf
- No call-out fees
- 24/7 emergency helpline with our trained expert advisors
- You can customise your policy to exclude or include excess
Our all-in-one home emergency cover plans start from just £45 per year. We offer three levels of cover for you to choose from:
- Silver Cover pays up to £250 per claim
- Gold Cover pays up to £500 per claim
- Platinum Cover pays up to £750 per claim
Our policy offers you a high level of coverage for your home emergency needs. We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly we can’t cover everything. We hope it helps!
We will protect you if any of these emergencies were to occur:
- Complete failure of your gas boilers and warm air units
- Burst or leaking pipes that may cause damage to your home contents
- Blocked drains or sewers causing damage to the inside of your home
- Inoperable toilet which has resulted in complete loss of function
- Complete failure of your mains services i.e. water, electricity and gas
- Removal of wasp nests, field or house mice or brown rats within your home
- Water damage or damage to the roofing, such as missing or repositioned roof tiles
- Break-in or vandalism compromising the security of your home
What’s not covered
Please be aware the policy does not cover emergencies like:
- Day to day maintenance issues
- Gas boilers and central heating systems which have not been installed, serviced or maintained in accordance with statutory regulations or manufacturer’s instructions, boilers over 10 years old and boilers which don’t have a proof of annual boiler service. Please note, partially working gas boilers and central heating systems will not be covered
- Dripping taps and the results of hard water scaling deposits breakage of any basin, bath, bidet or shower base
- Inoperable toilet, If you have more than one toilet in the home
- Partially working mains services
- Any pest infestations in your garden or outbuildings
- Blocked or misaligned guttering
- Breakage of internal glass or doors and any loss not reported to the Police from a break-in or vandalism to your home
Important bits to know
Don’t worry if you change your mind about our home emergency policy, as you can take advantage of our 14-day cooling off period.
We don’t store your credit card details and we don’t automatically renew your policies without speaking to you. However, our payment partner, Worldpay, does retain enough information so that we are able to refund you.
Please note there is a 14-day Moratorium with this policy before you are able to make a claim and 28 days for Landlord policies.
How to make a claim
This policy is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Ltd and all claims are handled by Intana Assist. In the event of an emergency, please call Intana Assist on the 24/7 phone line: 0144 4442385.
Our Price Match Guarantee
We offer much more than just great prices, but we don’t want price to be a reason you shop elsewhere.
At Surewise.com we believe that our Domestic Home Emergency cover is the cheapest and best value cover on the market.
So, if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere, we promise we’ll match it – even up to 7 days after your purchase.
All you need to do is make a note of the supplier, its price and the cover you want us to match. We will verify and match the price there and then for you.
To benefit by phone, call 01268 200020 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price Promise terms and conditions
- We’ll match our competitor’s website UK price.
- The competitor’s product must provide the same cover levels as ours, be offered on the same terms, and be purchasable online.
- We will price match up to 7 days after your purchase.
- We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and cover levels.
- We’ll match the price of a product; not other charges or other services, and a discount must not have been provided.
- Cannot be used with any other offer.