Our Landlords Home Emergency Insurance
Comprehensive all-in-one cover for landlords from just £65 a year
Key Benefits of our Landlords Home Emergency Insurance
- Your tenants can call us directly, they will only need to provide the policy number and address they live at
- You can add as many properties as you wish onto the policy and enjoy a discount
- All-in-one policy covering leaking and burst pipes and complete failure of gas boilers, central heating systems and main services
- Removal of pest infestations is also included
- Quality-approved engineers arranged on your behalf
- No call-out fees
- 24/7 emergency helpline with our trained expert advisors
- You can customise your policy to exclude or include excess
Our all-in-one landlords home emergency cover plans start from just £65 a year. We offer three levels of cover for you to choose from:
- Cover 250 pays up to £250 per claim
- Cover 500 pays up to £500 per claim
- Cover 750 pays up to £750 per claim
Our policy offers you a high level of coverage for your landlords home emergency needs. We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly we can’t cover everything. We hope it helps!
We will protect you if any of these emergencies were to occur:
- Complete failure of the gas boilers and warm air units in the home
- Burst or leaking pipes that may cause damage to the home’s contents
- Blocked drains or sewers causing damage to the inside of the home
- Inoperable toilet which has resulted in complete loss of function
- Complete failure of the mains services i.e. water, electricity and gas
- Removal of wasp nests, field or house mice or brown rats within the home
- Break-in or vandalism compromising the security of the home
- Water damage or damage to the roofing, such as missing or repositioned roof tiles
What’s not covered
Please be aware the policy does not cover emergencies like:
- Day to day maintenance issues
- Gas boilers and central heating systems which have not been installed, serviced or maintained in accordance with statutory regulations or manufacturer’s instructions, boilers over 10 years old and boilers which don’t have a proof of annual boiler service. Please note, partially working gas boilers and central heating systems will not be covered.
- Dripping taps and the results of hard water scaling deposits breakage of any basin, bath, bidet or shower base
- Inoperable toilet, If you have more than one toilet in the home
- Partially working mains services
- Any pest infestations in the home’s garden or outbuildings
- Blocked or misaligned guttering
- Breakage of internal glass or doors and any loss not reported to the Police from a break-in or vandalism to the home
Important bits to know
- A private individual who owns and leases a property on a shorthold tenancy agreement for a minimum of 6 months.
People who can buy this policy:
- Private (owner) landlords
People who cannot buy this policy:
- Companies acting on behalf of a property developer or property owner
- Persons leasing their property for holiday lets, where any property will be tenanted for less than 6 months
- Landlords with any kind of multiple accommodation tenancy agreements
- Holiday letting companies
- Individuals who leave the property vacant for more than 30 consecutive days
- Any person or business who does not have any insurable interest in the property
Don’t worry if you change your mind about our landlords home emergency policy, as you can take advantage of our 14-day cooling off period.
We don’t store your credit card details and we don’t automatically renew your policies without speaking to you. However, our payment partner, Worldpay, does retain enough information so that we are able to refund you.
Please note there is a 28-day Moratorium with this policy before you are able to make a claim and 14 days for our domestic home emergency policy.
How to make a claim
This policy is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Ltd and all claims are handled by Intana Assist. In the event of an emergency, please Call Intana Assist’s on the 24/7 phone line: 0144 4442385.
Our Price Match Guarantee
We offer much more than just great prices, but we don’t want price to be a reason you shop elsewhere.
At Surewise.com we believe that our Landlords Home Emergency cover is the cheapest and best value cover on the market.
So, if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere, we promise we’ll match it – even up to 7 days after your purchase.
All you need to do is make a note of the supplier, its price and the cover you want us to match. We will verify and match the price there and then for you.
To benefit by phone, call 01268 200020 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price promise terms and conditions
- We’ll match our competitor’s website UK price.
- The competitor’s product must provide the same cover levels as ours, be offered on the same terms, and be purchasable online.
- We will price match up to 7 days after your purchase.
- We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and cover levels.
- We’ll match the price of a product; not other charges or other services, and a discount must not have been provided.
- Cannot be used with any other offer.