Comprehensive Home Emergency Insurance for Landlords
One of a Landlords most important responsibilities is taking care of Home Emergencies for your tenants.
Our comprehensive Landlords Home Emergency Insurance gives your tenants direct access to our responsive helpline team that are there to provide support & arrange rapid call-outs with quality approved engineers, operating 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. We can also take care of home emergencies within your personal home with our Domestic Home Emergency Insurance.
To us, a Home Emergency is a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation within a property that requires immediate action. Our Landlords Home Emergency cover helps your tenants recover quickly from a wide range of emergencies, from the failure of the boiler and mains services to the removal of pest infestations.
With options to tailor the policy to provide the best landlords home emergency cover suited to you, you can live life confidently knowing that we have You, Your Tenants and Your Property at the heart of what we do.
Key Benefits of our Landlords Home Emergency Cover
- Your tenants can call us directly, they will only need to provide the policy number and address they live at
- You can add as many properties as you wish onto the policy and enjoy a discount
- All-in-one policy covering leaking and burst pipes and complete failure of gas boilers, central heating systems and main services
- Removal of pest infestations is also included
- Quality-approved engineers arranged on your behalf
- 24/7 emergency helpline with our trained expert advisors
Our all-in-one landlords home emergency cover plans start from just £65 a year. We offer three levels of cover for you to choose from with a maximum number of 5 claims per year:
- Cover 250 pays up to £250 per claim
- Cover 500 pays up to £500 per claim
- Cover 750 pays up to £750 per claim
What is covered?
We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So, please, feel free to check what we cover
- Complete failure of the gas boilers and warm air units in the home
- Burst or leaking pipes that may cause damage to the home’s contents
- Blocked drains or sewers causing damage to the inside of the home
- Inoperable toilet which has resulted in complete loss of function
- Complete failure of the mains services i.e. water, electricity and gas
- Removal of wasp nests, field or house mice or brown rats within the home
- Break-in or vandalism compromising the security of the home
- Water damage or damage to the roofing, such as missing or repositioned roof tiles
What’s not covered?
Please be aware the policy does not cover emergencies like:
- Day to day maintenance issues
- Gas boilers and central heating systems which have not been installed, serviced or maintained in accordance with statutory regulations or manufacturer’s instructions, boilers over 10 years old and boilers which don’t have a proof of annual boiler service. Please note, partially working gas boilers and central heating systems will not be covered.
- Dripping taps and the results of hard water scaling deposits breakage of any basin, bath, bidet or shower base
- Inoperable toilet, If you have more than one toilet in the home
- Partially working mains services
- Any pest infestations in the home’s garden or outbuildings
- Blocked or misaligned guttering
- Breakage of internal glass or doors and any loss not reported to the Police from a break-in or vandalism to the home
Important bits to know
Don’t worry if you change your mind about our home emergency policy, as you can take advantage of our 14-day cooling off period.
We don’t store your credit card details and we don’t automatically renew your policies without speaking to you. However, our payment partner, Worldpay, does retain enough information so that we are able to refund you.
Please note there is a 28-day Moratorium with this policy before you are able to make a claim.
How to make a claim
This policy is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Ltd and all claims are handled by Intana Assist. In the event of an emergency, please call Intana Assist on the 24/7 phone line: 0144 4442385.
The Price Match Guarantee
We offer much more than just great prices, but we don’t want price to be a reason you shop elsewhere.
At Surewise we believe that our home emergency cover is the cheapest and best value cover on the market.
So, if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere, we promise we’ll match it – even up to 7 days after your purchase.
All you need to do is make a note of the supplier, its price and the cover you want us to match. We will verify and match the price there and then for you.
To benefit, please contact us by visting our help centre.
Price promise terms and conditions
- We’ll match our competitor’s website UK price
- The competitor’s product must provide the same cover levels as ours, be offered on the same terms, and be purchasable online.
- We will price match up to 7 days after your purchase
- We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and cover levels
- We’ll match the price of a product; not other charges or other services, and a discount must not have been provided
- Cannot be used with any other offer
What is Landlords Home Emergency Insurance?
Landlords Home Emergency Insurance provides support in the event of a household emergency, arranges professional engineers to attend to resolve your issues as soon as possible and covers the costs.
Our policy is Landlord Boiler Cover, Pest Infestation Protection, Water Leak Insurance & more all rolled into one, comprehensive policy.
What is the Best Landlords Home Emergency Insurance?
It is difficult to determine what Landlords Home Emergency Insurance is the best as each policy provider will offer different benefits and each customer will have different needs.
We offer our customers the opportunity to tailor their policy to fit their needs in order to provide the best landlord home emergency cover possible.
It is most important to choose the cover & company that is right for you for a price that is within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you consider to be an emergency?
A sudden and unforeseen domestic situation which, if not dealt with quickly, would in our opinion:
- Make your home unsafe or insecure
- Damage or cause further damage to your home
- Cause unreasonable discomfort, difficulties or risk to you.
Is there excess payable?
Yes, an excess fee is included on this policy. The excess fee amount depends on the level of cover you have.
What happens if I want to cancel my policy?
If you cancel the policy within the 14-day cancellation period and no claims were made and no claims are pending, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel the policy outside of the 14-day cancellation period, this will take effect immediately and unfortunately, no refund of premium will be made.
Do I need Domestic or Landlord policy if I live with lodgers?
As long as the insured person lives at the property and it is classed as one property (not 1a, 1b etc.) then you will need a Domestic Home Emergency policy.
Are house shares/HMO’s covered?
A HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupancy) is a house occupied by more than 2 qualifying persons, those being persons who are not all members of the same family.
Currently, these dwellings are not covered by our Home Emergency policies
What happens if my home is burgled?
In the unfortunate instance that you are burgled, under the terms our policy, we would make your home safe and secure until a permanent repair can be arranged by you or under your Home Buildings and Contents insurance.
What is the duration of the policy?
This home emergency policy will begin on the date shown on the policy schedule and will run for a period of 12 calendar months unless cancelled.
Do you cover plumbing on the same policy as central heating systems?
Yes, depending on the level of cover you choose:
- Silver provides cover for up to £250
- Gold provides cover for up to £500
- Platinum provides cover for up to £750
Home emergency policies covers emergency repairs in the event of any of the following emergency situations:
- Burst pipes or sudden leakage.
We also cover complete failure of your:
- Domestic water mains or electricity supply
- Underground drains or sewers
- Domestic primary heating
- Break-in or vandalism compromising the security of your home
- Damage or mechanical failure of, the only accessible toilet in your property which results in complete loss of function