Compare Storage Insurance
Surewise offers affordable Self-Storage Insurance with comprehensive levels of cover to protect your personal (domestic) and commercial belongings when you have to move them off-property.
Once you’ve bought a storage insurance policy from us, you’ll be emailed a certificate of cover which you can show to your storage company.
We’ve done a price comparison for you below, so you can see the benefit of insuring with us rather than your storage company directly.
|Storage Company||Cover Level||Monthly||Price|
|Big Yellow Self Storage||£2,000||Monthly||£12.00|
|Access Self Storage||£2,000||Monthly||£12.00|
Storage Insurance benefits
Your storage insurance policy covers you for loss or damage to your personal or commercial storage contents in the event of:
- Natural disasters, including lightning, earthquake, storm, flood and weight of snow, fire and explosion
- Water leaks from fixed water tanks and pipes
- Theft and attempted theft
- Falling trees, telegraph poles and lamp posts
- Collision by any vehicle or animal
- Impact by aircraft and other flying devices
- Malicious acts
To benefit from our storage insurance, your chosen facility needs to meet the following requirements:
1. The facility must be purpose built and of substantial construction
2. The company managing the facility is involved solely in the business of storing goods (as opposed to storage facilities on operational farms and other haulage locations)
3. It has 24-hour CCTV and fire alarms
4. There is a secure reception area and controlled access to storage areas
5. Staff on premises at all times when open