Self Employed Carers Insurance and Personal Assistant Insurance
All carers and personal assistants, whether they work for an agency or are self-employed, should consider protecting themselves with specialised insurance cover, especially liability insurance.
Public liability insurance for carers and personal assistants is particularly important because it protects you from a claim in the event of an accidental injury to any person, loss of or damage to property in connection with your occupation. Life’s unpredictability, which carers deal with on a daily basis, means that this cover can provide much-needed security whilst at work.
Our Carer & Personal Assistant Insurance also provides cover for personal injury at work, personal belongings and legal protection. Throughout the policy there are no excess payments in the event of a claim and no hidden charges.
All policies cover administering of prescribed medicines and first aid.
Our legal cover protects you from costs coming from a legal action to defend your legal rights arising out of allegations of negligence or abuse arising out of your employment as a carer or personal assistant.
We offer a range of carer’s insurance policies, from our bronze insurance policy to more comprehensive coverage. Cover starts at only £6.25 per month.
All our Carers Insurance policies are underwritten by SAGIC, (Salvation Army General Insurance Company), who are wholly owned by The Salvation Army. SAGIC give 100% of their profits back to The Salvation Army to help people in need, so your policy will help here too.
Take a look at the 3 levels of cover available and then simply click to get an online quote for your choice of carer’s public liability insurance.
You can choose between 3 levels of cover:
- Bronze: Provides public liability cover for carers up to £1 million
- Silver: Provides public liability cover for carers up to £2 million
- Gold: Provides public liability cover for carers up to £5 million
What does carers liability insurance cost?
Carers liability insurances costs can be paid monthly or annually.
- Bronze: £6.25
- Silver: £8.91
- Gold: £13.73
Carer Insurance Benefits include:
- Public liability
- Overseas cover up to 90 days (Gold only)
- Personal belongings at work up to £250
- Accidental death (Bronze £7500, Silver £10,000, and Gold £12,500)
- Disability Cover
- Hospitalisation (accident-only) per day (Bronze £25, Silver £50, and Gold £75)
- Legal expenses up to £10,000
- Administering of prescribed medicines and first aid.
- No excess!
To get full cover details, get a quote now.
- There is a 7-day waiting period before you can submit your first claim on your carer’s insurance, unless …
- The claim is for accidental injury. Accidental injury cover starts immediately.
- Read your carer’s policy wording carefully and ensure you fully understand what is covered and what is excluded.
- Your policy wording also details how to submit a claim. The carer’s insurer from whom you claim differs per section of cover.