Carers Week 2019 is held from …
Direct Payments Carer Insurance
Employers Liability, Public Liability & Legal Expenses cover for people receiving care via the direct payments scheme
For people receiving financial support from the government, you can obtain personal health budgets as disability direct payments that allow you more freedom of choice over the support you receive, for example;
- Arranging carers with specialist expertise
- Ensure that the carer speaks the same language
- Opportunity to purchase things that offer independence like Mobility Scooters, wheelchairs etc.
If you have a direct payments personal assistant, you are regarded as an employer under UK law and have specific responsibilities to your employees. Things, like managing payroll, taxes and having the right insurance, are critical things for you to consider. Some people that receive a carers personal budget would rather not have the extra responsibility; fortunately, you can appoint a third party to provide direct payments guidance, maintain your personal budget, payroll and insurance.
Our Direct Payments Carer Insurance can be taken out by you or under your instruction by your chosen 3rd party. It is designed to protect you & your employee against claims that could arise in connection with you receiving care. The policy is comprised of employers liability, public liability & legal expenses, to provide comprehensive cover against potential claims risks such as;
- Claims against you in the event of injury to your employee
- Claims against you/your employee in the event of injury to you or a 3rd party
- Claims against you/your employee as a result of damaged or lost property & more
Why choose us?
These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.
We want to help you be protected from unexpected and provide you with:
- A hassle-free quote process, no hidden fees or credit card charges.
- Option to pay with monthly payments.
- Freedom if you want to cancel your policy at any time.
- Short term policies available.
Our policies change lives.
All our Carers insurance policies are underwritten by SAGIC, The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, who are wholly owned by The Salvation Army and their profits go to help people in need. This means that when you take a policy with us, you are not only protecting yourself but also helping those in need.
What is covered?
Have a look at the main coverage
Public Liability up to £5m
- Accidental injury to any person
- Accidental loss of/or damage to material property
- Indemnity to other people (including principals)
- Damage to rented, leased, hired or borrowed properties for your activities.
- Overseas Personal Liability including bodily injury to any person or damage to material property.
- Employee’s liability in case of death, bodily injury, illness or disease to you.
Employers Liability up to £10m
- Bodily injury (including accidental death) to any employee.
Legal Expenses up to £100,000
- Legal Expenses from employment disputes and compensation awards.
- Free Legal helpline including employment matters.
- Free Employment manual.
What is not covered?
We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible, please ensure that you read the policy wording and have a good understanding of what is and what is not covered. A few examples of events that are not covered are;
- Personal accident not involving bodily injury
- Liability arising directly or indirectly from treatment of any kind (other than first aid), respite, domiciliary or medical care services
- Liability arising from or caused by a deliberate or intentional act by, or omission.
- Liability for any act which is deemed to be criminal by any competent authority
- Liability for any physical, verbal or written action that constitutes sexual abuse, molestation, bullying or harassment or results in mental anguish
For any questions that you might have around this topic, please feel free to contact our customer services department by telephone on 01268 200 020.
Some frequently asked questions
Yes. If your carer or personal assistant falls under your direct employ and is not outsourced or self-employed then employer’s liability insurance is essential. This is one of the key benefits of our Carer’s Employer insurance.
Yes. If you employ your carer directly, you will need to have Employers liability insurance which is included in our Home Employment Policy.
Redundancy is included on our higher tiers of cover but unfortunately not in our bronze cover.
When you purchase our Carer’s employers insurance policy, you automatically benefit from our free Legal Helpline, which will provide you with the answers you need.
No, this policy has no excess.
You are unable to claim for the first 7 days from policy inception; however, accidental injury cover starts immediately.
Yes, you will need Employers Liability insurance if your carer is self-employed.
If your carer is self-employed, they may have their own public liability insurance policy. However, this is something that is included in all of our Carer & Personal Assistant Insurance policies regardless.
Would you like to know what our customers say?