There are a number of benefits …
Direct Payments Carer Insurance
Employers Liability, Public Liability & Legal Expenses cover for people receiving care via the direct payments scheme
For disabled people receiving financial support from the government, you can obtain personal health budgets as disability direct payments that allow you more freedom of choice over the support you receive, for example;
- Arranging carers with specialist expertise
- Ensure that the carer speaks the same language
- Opportunity to purchase things that offer independence like Mobility Scooters, wheelchairs etc.
If you have a direct payments personal assistant, you are regarded as an employer under UK law and have specific responsibilities to your employees. Things, like managing payroll, taxes and having the right insurance, are critical things for you to consider. Some people that receive a carers personal budget would rather not have the extra responsibility; fortunately, you can appoint a third party to provide direct payments guidance, maintain your personal budget, payroll and insurance.
Our Direct Payments Carer Insurance can be taken out by you or under your instruction by your chosen 3rd party. It is designed to protect you & your employee against claims that could arise in connection with you receiving care. The policy is comprised of employers liability, public liability & legal expenses, to provide comprehensive cover against potential claims risks such as;
- Claims against you in the event of injury to your employee
- Claims against you/your employee in the event of injury to you or a 3rd party
- Claims against you/your employee as a result of damaged or lost property & more
Why choose us?
These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.
We want to help you be protected from unexpected and provide you with:
- A hassle-free quote process, no hidden fees or credit card charges.
- Option to pay with monthly payments.
- The opportunity to change lives. Our policies are underwritten by SAGIC. The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, fully owned by The Salvation Army. The best bit is that their profits go to help people in need.
- Freedom if you want to cancel your policy at any time.
- Short term policies available.
Our policies change lives.
All our Carers insurance policies are underwritten by SAGIC, The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, who are wholly owned by The Salvation Army and their profits go to help people in need. This means that when you take a policy with us, you are not only protecting yourself but also helping those in need.
What is covered?
Have a look at the main coverage
Public Liability up to £5m
- Accidental injury to any person
- Accidental loss of/or damage to material property
- Indemnity to other people (including principals)
- Damage to rented, leased, hired or borrowed properties for your activities.
- Overseas Personal Liability including bodily injury to any person or damage to material property.
- Employee’s liability in case of death, bodily injury, illness or disease to you.
Employers Liability up to £10m
- Bodily injury (including accidental death) to any employee.
Legal Expenses up to £100,000
- Legal Expenses from employment disputes and compensation awards.
- Free Legal helpline including employment matters.
- Free Employment manual.
What is not covered?
We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly, we can’t cover everything.
- Personal accident not involving bodily injury
- Liability arising directly or indirectly from treatment of any kind (other than first aid), respite, domiciliary or medical care services
- Liability arising from or caused by a deliberate or intentional act by, or omission.
- Liability for any act which is deemed to be criminal by any competent authority
- Liability for any physical, verbal or written action that constitutes sexual abuse, molestation, bullying or harassment or results in mental anguish
Some frequently asked questions
No, this policy has no excess.
You are unable to claim for the first 7 days from policy inception; however, accidental injury cover starts immediately.
Yes, any accidental loss or damage to your personal effects during the course of employment is covered. However, incidents of theft or malicious damage must be reported to the police as soon as possible.
Yes. Under the public liability aspect of our Carers & Personal Assistants, you are covered for accidentally damaging your client’s property.
Yes, we offer annual payments as well as monthly payments.
Self-employed carers can claim up to £12,500 personal accident cover. This includes overnight hospital stays if you are physically injured on the job.
Yes. Our Carers Insurance policy covers accidental injury to care recipients.
Yes. You do need to have earned qualifications or undergone formal training to enjoy the benefits of our carers insurance policy. You may be required to produce evidence of such training or qualification.
You must have received appropriate training or have the relevant qualifications to be covered for these tasks. You may be required to provide evidence of this in the event of a claim.
Yes. Your self-employed carer insurance policy includes Carers Legal Protection. This means your Legal Defence and costs in defending yourself against allegations of negligence or abuse are covered. You also have access to our 24/7 Legal Advice Helpline.
Would you like to know what our customers say?