Employers Liability Insurance for Businesses that Employ Carers
Our Carer Employment Insurance protects your business, your employee & clients against claims made as a result of their care.
For people with specific needs that require assistance in their day to day lives, there are few options to choose from when arranging support, such as; hiring a Personal Assistant directly or arranging for an organisation to provide care services.
Hiring a PA or Carer directly means that the person receiving care is regarded as an Employer under UK Law, which comes with a large amount of responsibility falling to the client or their nominated guardian. For this reason, many people opt to appoint care businesses to provide payroll & care services, as this relieves the client or nominated person from the burden of being an employer.
As an employer, it is a legal requirement for you to provide insurance for your employees that protects their health & safety, this specific type of cover is called Employers Liability Insurance.
Our Carer Employment Insurance is specifically designed for the industry, incorporating employers liability insurance for carers, public liability insurance & legal expenses cover. This safeguards your business & employees against claims that could occur whilst they are caring for your clients. The specifics of each element are;
- Employers Liability which covers you, the employer, against claims in the event of injury to your employee as a result of their work.
- Public Liability which covers you & your employees against a wider range of claims in connection with their work, these claims can be made by your employee, your client or a third party. Some examples of these claims are; Accidental loss of property, Accidental damage to your employees property, Accidental injury to your client or a third party or loss/damage to their property.
- Legal Expenses which covers the potential costs of defending your employees legal rights, as well as your own, in a court of law as a result of an insured event. We also provide a 24/7 Legal Advice Helpline that we encourage full use of and an employment manual offering up-to-date guidance on the ever-changing topic of employment law.
Our policies can cover you and one employee for a whole year from just £4.92 a month or you can opt for short-term carers insurance policies from £12.50 for the whole policy, making it the ideal liability insurance for people who employ & fund their own carers.
You can choose which works best for you, just click the ‘Get a Quote’ button now!
Not an Employer? Are you looking for Self-employed Carer’s Insurance?
Receiving Direct Payments? Are you looking for Direct Payments Carer Insurance?
Funding & Employing your own carer/PAs? Are you looking for Home Employment Insurance?
Why choose us?
These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.
We want to help you and your employees be protected from the unexpected and provide you with:
- A hassle-free quote process and no hidden fees or credit card charges.
- Option to pay with monthly payments.
- The opportunity to change lives. Our policies are underwritten by SAGIC. The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, fully owned by The Salvation Army. The best bit is that their profits go to help people in need.
- Freedom if you want to cancel your policy at any time.
- Short term policies available.
Our policies change lives.
All our Carers insurance policies are underwritten by SAGIC, The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, who are wholly owned by The Salvation Army and their profits go to help people in need. This means that when you take a policy with us, you are not only protecting yourself but also helping those in need.
What is covered?
Have a look at the main coverage
- Accidental injury to any person
- Accidental loss of/or damage to material property
- Indemnity to other people (including principals)
- Damage to rented, leased, hired or borrowed properties for your activities.
- Overseas Personal Liability including bodily injury to any person or damage to material property.
- Employee’s liability in case of death, bodily injury, illness or disease to you.
Employers Liability up to £10m
- Bodily injury (including accidental death) to any employee.
Legal Expenses up to £50,000
- Legal Expenses from employment disputes and compensation awards.
- Free Legal helpline including employment matters.
- Free Employment manual.
What is not covered?
We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly, we can’t cover everything.
- Personal accident not involving bodily injury
- Liability arising directly or indirectly from treatment of any kind (other than first aid), respite, domiciliary or medical care services
- Liability arising from or caused by a deliberate or intentional act by, or omission.
- Liability for any act which is deemed to be criminal by any competent authority
- Liability for any physical, verbal or written action that constitutes sexual abuse, molestation, bullying or harassment or results in mental anguish
Some frequently asked questions
Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be covered under our policy if you make your employee redundant.
When you purchase our Carer’s employers insurance policy, you automatically benefit from our free Legal Helpline, which will provide you with the answers you need.
No, this policy has no excess.
You are unable to claim for the first 7 days from policy inception; however, accidental injury cover starts immediately.
Yes, you do need Employers Liability insurance if your carer is self-employed.
Would you like to know what our customers say?