Mobility Scooter Insurance
Mobility scooters are a great help for people who have difficulty maintaining their independence due to mobility limitations. Surewise.com’s mobility scooter insurance helps ensure their independence with comprehensive cover for accidental damage, theft, third party liability, recovery, and personal accident. We cover all types of mobility scooters. So you can insure lightweight class 2 scooters and heavy-duty, all-terrain class 3 vehicles.
Policies start at just £3.85/month or save by paying annually from £38.50 per year. You can get a quote quickly and easily online.
This policy is underwritten by SAGIC, The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, who are wholly owned by The Salvation Army. This means when you buy this policy, you are helping The Salvation Army support people in need and gives you an ethical, trustworthy underwriter to look after you in the event of a claim.
All our Mobility Scooter Insurance policies include cover for breakdown recovery costs following an insured event as standard. This means you can claim at later date for the costs of a taxi to collect you and your scooter in the event of an insured event. And now you can also upgrade to a full breakdown and recovery service.
- Cover new and second-hand scooters
- Spread the costs or save by paying in full
- One policy can cover multiple scooter riders – not just yourself
- Recovery assistance available 24/7
- Key cover upgrade available
- Puncture care available
- Cover when locked in your car
- Cover outside the shop (see terms)
- Battery chargers covered
- Manual Wheelchair covered with your policy
Covered as standard
- Personal accident up to £3,000
- Accidental damage up to £2M
- Malicious damage and Vandalism
- Fire, storm and flood
- Third party liability up to £2M
- Recovery costs after an insured event
- Recovery covers holiday accommodation within a 10-mile radius
- Personal effects up to £250
- Hire costs for alternative equipment
- International travel cover up to 21 days (Excluding North America & Canada)
- Legal expenses up to £100,000
Levels of cover
At Surewise.com we are dedicated to protect our customers and provide them with the cover that suits them best thus our cover levels are based on the value of your scooter, so you don’t pay for what you don’t need to cover.
We cover your scooter if it’s worth up to £3,000, £7,000 and £10,000. You can set an exact value for your scooter to cover you in case of loss.
Extras you can add to your mobility scooter insurance
You can now tailor your cover according to your needs:
- Puncture Care. Cover the cost of tyre repair or replacement caused by accidental or malicious damage. It also includes reimbursement of costs for UK callout assistance.
- Breakdown and recovery. Cover 24/7 365 days a year.
- Key cover. Covers the cost of replacement keys or locksmith assistance for your scooter, home and car key.
Our Price Match Guarantee
We offer much more than just great prices, but we don’t want price to be a reason you shop elsewhere.
At Surewise.com we believe that our Mobility Scooter cover is the cheapest and best value cover on the market.
So, if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere, we promise we’ll match it – even up to 7 days after your purchase.
All you need to do is make a note of the supplier, its price and the cover you want us to match. We will verify and match the price there and then for you.
To benefit by phone, call 01268 200020 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price promise terms and conditions
- We’ll match our competitor’s website UK price.
- The competitor’s product must provide the same cover levels as ours, be offered on the same terms, and be purchasable online.
- We will price match up to 7 days after your purchase.
- We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and cover levels.
- We’ll match the price of a product; not other charges or other services, and a discount must not have been provided.
- Cannot be used with any other offer.
What types of mobility scooters are covered?
You can get cover for a range of mobility scooters, including:
Class 2 Scooters
You can use class 2 mobility scooters on pavements and in shopping areas. They can be three wheel, four wheel and even five wheel models. If you want a small, light and affordable mobility scooter, then consider class 2 models, such as Pride Go-Go Elite Traveller Plus and Pro Rider Freedom Mobility Scooter. Maximum speed limit is 4mph.
Folding Mobility Scooters
Folding mobility scooters (also known as portable scooters or travel scooters) are small, lightweight and are easy to fold up or disassemble for transport and storage. Examples include Pro Rider Elite Portable Mobility Scooter, Drive Scout 3 and Shoprider Whisper. Maximum speed limit is 4mph.
3 Wheeled or 2 seated Mobility Scooters
3 Wheeled or 2 seated mobility scooters are frequently not covered by other insurers. Rest assured though, they are covered, however, if you choose one of our Mobility Scooter insurance policies. Examples include the Drive Medical Sport Rider 3-wheeler or the Shoprider 889DXD Double seater.
Class 3 Scooters
You can use class 3 mobility scooters on the road, on pavements and in shopping areas. With the right tyres and rear wheel drive (RWD), you can even go off road. Class 3 mobility scooters are fairly large, with suitably large batteries and many manufacturers aim to make them super-comfortable and luxurious. They are relatively far-ranging and come with extra safety features, such as front and rear lights, indicators, horn, brakes and rear-view mirrors. These features are important if you drive your scooter on roads. Some of the best class 3 mobility scooters include: Drive Royale 4, Pride Colt Executive and Shoprider Cordoba. Maximum speed limit for class 3 mobility scooters is 8mph.
Manual wheelchairs also covered
According to UK law, you don’t need insurance for mobility scooters, but from a protection point-of-view comprehensive cover is non-negotiable. Surewise.com has you covered whether you accidentally knock someone down, scratch someone’s car or get a puncture. Mobility scooter covers also includes breakdown and roadside assistance.
If your scooter is damaged beyond repair or the cost of repairs is exceptionally high, we will replace it with a similar make and model. You can get mobility scooter insurance for a variety of UK manufacturers, including Pride, Kymco, Shoprider, Pro Rider, Drive Medical, Days Healthcare and Electric Mobility scooters.
Mobility Scooter Insurance Law
You are not required by law to have a licence to drive a mobility scooter or powered wheelchair, but it may have to be registered. According to law, class 2 invalid carriages are barred from the road and have a max speed of 4mph. Class 3 invalid carriages can be used on the road and have a max speed of 4mph off road, and 8mph on road. You don’t have to register class 2 invalid carriages.
Please note there is a 7 day Moratorium with this policy before you are able to make a claim.