Recent research suggests that up to …
Is this cover suitable for you?
This cover is suitable for you if you work as a self-employed Carer or Personal Assistant
At Surewise.com, our goal is to help people to live life confidently which is why we provide Self-employed carers insurance cover that protects you against risks that could occur while you provide care services.
Public liability is one of the main cover highlights because it provides you cover for a claim in the event of an accidental injury to another person. However, we also cover accidental loss or damage to your personal effects while working, damage to the user’s property as a result of forced access due to a medical emergency and much more.
Not a Self-Employed Carer? Are you looking for Carer’s Employers Insurance? Click here
Why choose us?
These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.
We want to help you be protected from unexpected and provide you with:
- A hassle-free quote process, no hidden fees or credit card charges.
- Option to pay with monthly payments.
- The opportunity to change lives. Our policies are underwritten by SAGIC. The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation, fully owned by The Salvation Army. The best bit is that their profits go to help people in need.
- Freedom if you want to cancel your policy at any time.
- Short term policies available.
What is covered?
Have a look at the main coverage
- Accidental injury to any person
- Loss of or damage to any property
- Overseas cover up to 90 days available
Loss of Property
- Personal belongings at work up to £250
- Personal or user’s belongings as a result of You being mugged
- Replacement of Keys & Locks up to £100
- Damage to user’s property by forced access due to a medical emergency
- Includes overnight Hospital stay for yourself due to bodily injury
- Permanent total or partial disablement
- Bodily injury including accidental death
Legal Expenses up to £10,000
- Legal Defense and costs in case of allegations of negligence or abuse
- Carers Legal Protection & 24/7 Legal Advice Helpline
Some frequently asked questions
No, this policy has no excess.
You are unable to claim for the first 7 days from policy inception; however, accidental injury cover starts immediately.
Yes, any accidental loss or damage to your personal effects during the course of employment is covered. However, incidents of theft or malicious damage must be reported to the police as soon as possible.
Yes. Under the public liability aspect of our Carers & Personal Assistants, you are covered for accidentally damaging your client’s property.
Yes, we offer annual payments as well as monthly payments.
Self-employed carers can claim up to £12,500 personal accident cover. This includes overnight hospital stays if you are physically injured on the job.
Yes. Our Carers Insurance policy covers accidental injury to care recipients.
Yes. You do need to have earned qualifications or undergone formal training to enjoy the benefits of our carers insurance policy. You may be required to produce evidence of such training or qualification.
You must have received appropriate training or have the relevant qualifications to be covered for these tasks. You may be required to provide evidence of this in the event of a claim.
Yes. Your self-employed carer insurance policy includes Carers Legal Protection. This means your Legal Defence and costs in defending yourself against allegations of negligence or abuse are covered. You also have access to our 24/7 Legal Advice Helpline.
Would you like to know what our customers say?