Landlords Building & Contents Insurance

Cover For Your Home Includes

  • Structural Damage & Repair
  • Partial or Full Repair/Rebuild After A Disaster
  • Tenant Related Issues e.g. Theft & Damage
  • Tailored Policy to Your Requirements

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Get a Quote

Landlords Building and Contents Insurance

Comprehensive insurance cover for the buildings and contents of landlords’ to-let properties

As a Landlord, your greatest asset is your property-to-let. Maintaining the property and the contents within can be expensive, with costs often cropping up when you least expect it. Our Landlords Buildings and Contents Insurance protects you from these unpredictable expenses, saving you time and money whilst ensuring that your property is in the best condition it can be.

Our Landlords House Insurance Policy allows you to choose what elements of the property you would like to protect. Landlord Building Insurance safeguards the permanent fixtures and property itself, whilst Landlords Contents Insurance protects your belongings within the property. Alternatively, if you are looking to protect both, our landlord building and contents insurance allows you to combine the two in one comprehensive policy.

With additional security against scenarios that out of your control, like accidental or malicious damage and theft, as well as covering the costs if the property is uninhabitable as a result of an insured event. You can Live life confidently knowing that our landlord house insurance has your property & pockets protected!

Get a Quote

Landlords Home Insurance Comparison

There are many websites that offer Landlords Home Insurance comparisons in the UK, including comparisons for Buildings and Contents Insurance for Landlords. They are convenient because you can quickly and easily get several quotes online. However, if you’re going to use an online insurance comparison site, choose one that has a good reputation for delivering reliable and transparent home insurance deals. This is in addition to getting the best quotes from insurance companies in the UK, of course.

Our Landlords Building & Contents Insurance policies are underwritten by The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation Ltd (sagic). Sagic are owned by The Salvation Army and support the diverse work of the renowned global charity. This means when you buy a policy, you will help fund vital community projects across the UK.

Bear in mind that different insurers offer different levels of cover with differing standard benefits, optional extras and exclusions.

We recommend that you compare Landlord Home Insurance Policies on a holistic level, ensuring that you have a better over-arching understanding before making your decision on which cover is best for you.

What is covered under each policy?

Landlords Buildings Insurance covers:

Mortgage providers usually require buildings cover. So you’ll need it either as part of a combined policy or as a standalone policy.

Landlords Contents Only Insurance covers:

Landlords Contents only insurance policies are good for if you are letting a furnished property and want to protect your internal belongings.

Key elements of cover

Get a Quote

What is Landlords Home Insurance?

Landlords Home Insurance is 2 insurance products; Landlords Contents Insurance  and Landlords Buildings Insurance, combined to create a comprehensive product to allow customers to rest assured that the properties they let, and the possessions inside, are covered for when things go wrong.

What is Buildings Insurance for Landlords?

Buildings Insurance for Landlords protects you against unforeseen costs in the event of damage or theft to permanent fittings inside the property, as well as structural damage to the property itself.

What is Contents Insurance for Landlords?

Contents Insurance for Landlords safeguards the furnishings that you own within the house, covering the cost of replacing them in event of damage, loss or theft.

Do I need Landlords Home Insurance?

It is not a legal requirement in the UK for a Landlord to have House Insurance.

However, there are some scenarios in which you may be required to have at least 1 element of home insurance.

For example; If you have a mortgage on your home, your lender may request that you take out a buildings insurance policy to cover the property in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as a flood or fire.

Who is Landlord Home Insurance for?

Landlord Home Insurance is for anyone who is looking to protect their occupied property against unforeseen circumstances, whether that be the actual property or the provided furnishings contained within.

As the name of the product would suggest, Landlords Building and Contents Insurance is designed especially for landlords.

How much does House Insurance for Landlords cost on average?

The prices for Landlords House Insurance Policies are not too different from what you would expect to pay as a live in homeowner or occupying tenant.

The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index report for the 3rd quarter of 2018, indicates the following;

With Home Insurance being the combination of buildings insurance & contents insurance, anything that falls under either of these categories is covered.

Home Insurance Comparison

You can compare Landlords home and contents insurance policies on, all you have to do is answer some basic questions on the type of property you own; for example, the number of rooms and the type of roof (slate, thatch, tiles, shingles). It helps us to know if your property is currently undergoing building work, if it is your main residence and if it has ever suffered from any natural disaster, such as flooding. The more accurate the information you give us, the more accurate the price estimate for home insurance we can provide.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Best Landlord House Insurance?

It is difficult to determine what Landlords Property Insurance is the best as each policy provider will offer different benefits and each customer will have different needs.

It is most important to choose the cover & company that is right for you for a price that is within your budget.

How can I save money on Landlords Home Insurance?

Shopping around for your Landlords buildings and contents insurance is a surefire way of saving a few extra pounds. Fortunately, there are a number of comparison sites that allow you to compare home insurance however, it is worthwhile doing your research as some providers have exclusive offers that are not on price comparisons websites.

Are electronic devices covered in my House Insurance Policy?

Typically speaking, electronic devices are covered within a home contents insurance policy.

Everything from your TV to your microwave will be covered if it is damaged, lost or stolen, providing you with a like for like replacement following an insured event.

What do I need as a proof of purchase?

A receipt would be the primary way to prove that you have purchased an item however this may not always be the case.

It is always best to check your policy wording and/or speak with the provider to double check!