Home Employment Insurance

Cover Includes;

  • Individuals Employing their own Carers/PAs
  • Employers Liability up to £10m
  • Public Liability up to £5m
  • Legal Expenses & Redundancy Cover
  • Many Healthcare Tasks Covered As Standard

From just £59 per year

Get a Quote

Employers Liability Insurance for Carers & Personal Assistants

Our Home Employment Insurance protects You & your Carer or PA against claims made as a result of your care.

For people with specific needs that require assistance in their day to day lives, there are few options to choose from when arranging support, such as; hiring a Self Employed Carer, paying an organisation to provide care services or hiring a Personal Assistant directly.

Whether you receive support from the government or fund your own care, directly hiring one or multiple PAs/Carers means that you are regarded as an Employer under UK Law. This means it is a legal requirement for you to provide insurance for your employees that protects their health & safety, this specific type of cover is called Employers Liability Insurance.

Our Home Employment Insurance incorporates employers liability insurance for carers, public liability insurance & legal expenses cover, safeguarding you and your employees against claims that could occur whilst they are at work. The specifics of each element are;

With 3 different levels of cover with a range of benefits tailored to your needs with the aim to allow you to live life confidently. Some of these benefits are; emergency dental cover, motor theft, employee negligence, redundancy cover, travel, medical expenses & much more.

You can choose which works best for you, just click the ‘Get a Quote’ button now!

Not an Employer? Are you looking for Self-employed Carer’s Insurance?

Receiving Direct Payments? Are you looking for Direct Payments Carer Insurance?

Employ Carers to provide care services? Are you looking for Carer Employment Insurance?

Get a Quote

Why choose us?

These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.

We want to help you and your employees be protected from the unexpected and provide you with:

Our policies change lives.

All our Carers policies are underwritten by The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation Ltd (sagic). Sagic are owned by The Salvation Army and support the diverse work of the renowned global charity. This means when you buy a policy, you will help fund vital community projects across the UK.

SAGIC logo

What is covered?

Have a look at the main coverage

Public Liability up to £5m

Employers Liability up to £10m

Legal Expenses up to £100,000

Healthcare Tasks

  • A wide range of healthcare tasks is automatically included as standard.  Please see further details in our brochure here
Healthcare Tasks


What is not covered?

We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible, please ensure that you read the policy wording and have a good understanding of what is and what is not covered. A few examples of events that are not covered are;

For any questions that you might have around this topic, please feel free to contact our customer services department by visiting our help centre.

Get a Quote

Some frequently asked questions

Is Home Employment Insurance necessary if I have employed the carer to care for me only?

Yes. If your carer or personal assistant falls under your direct employ and is not outsourced or self-employed then employer’s liability insurance is essential. This is one of the key benefits of our Carer’s Employer insurance.

Yes. If you employ your carer directly, you will need to have Employers liability insurance which is included in our Home Employment Policy.

Am I covered if I make my employee redundant?

Yes, we cover redundancy on all our policies, up to £7000 on our Gold cover.

Where can I get information regarding my rights and responsibilities as an employer?

When you purchase our Carer’s employers insurance policy, you automatically benefit from our free Legal Helpline, which will provide you with the answers you need.

Do I need to pay any excess when I claim?

No, this policy has no excess.

When can I first claim on this policy?

There is a 7-day moratorium for all claims except for personal accidents, which can be claimed for 24 hours after the policy starts.

Does Home Employment Insurance only cover one carer?

No. Our policies cover unlimited carers and PA’s