Self Employed Carer Insurance

Cover Includes;

  • Public Liability up to £5m
  • Loss or Damage to Property
  • Accidental Injury & Legal Expenses
  • No Hidden Fees, No Excess

From just £6.25 per month

Get a Quote

Public Liability Insurance for Carers & Personal Assistants

Our liability insurance for carers covers you against claims arising as a result of your work as a carer or personal assistant.

Working as a Self Employed Carer comes with all of the usual perks that you would expect when running your own business, from choosing the hours that you work to having more control over the financial aspects of your job and also being able to pick your clients for yourself. On the other hand, there are many things that you need to consider when running your own care business, such as self-employed carer expenses like tax & insurance.

The effect that Carers and Personal Assistants have on an individuals life is significant and the role is often rewarding, but it also comes with a range of risks, such as;

We provide up to £5 million worth of public liability insurance for carers, with additional safeguards against claims for damage or loss of property & personal injury. The legal expenses element protects against liability for legal defence costs and a 24-hour Legal Advice Helpline should you need support.

Our Personal Assistant Insurance can cover you for a whole year from just £6.25 a month or you can opt for short-term carers insurance policies from £12.50 for the whole policy, making it an ideal and affordable option for those who require business insurance for carers.

You can choose which works best for you, just click the ‘Get a Quote’ button now!

Own a business that employs carers? Are you looking for Carer Employment Insurance?

Receiving Direct Payments? Are you looking for Direct Payments Carer Insurance?

Funding & Employing your own carer/PAs? Are you looking for Home Employment Insurance?

Get a Quote

Why choose us?

These are just a few reasons to choose our policies.

We want to help you be protected from unexpected and provide you with:

Our policies change lives.

All our carers insurance policies are underwritten by The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation Ltd (sagic). Sagic are owned by The Salvation Army and support the diverse work of the renowned global charity. This means when you buy a policy, you will help fund vital community projects across the UK.

What is covered?

Have a look at the main coverage

Public Liability

Loss of Property

Personal Accident

Legal Expenses up to £100,000

What is not covered?

We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible, please ensure that you read the policy wording and have a good understanding of what is and what is not covered. A few examples of events that are not covered are;

For any questions that you might have around this topic, please feel free to contact our customer services department by telephone on 01268 200 020

Get a Quote

Some frequently asked questions

Do I need to pay any excess when I claim?

No, this policy has no excess.

When can I first claim on this policy?

There is no moratorium on this policy, meaning that you can claim immediately.

Are my personal belongings covered if I lose them at work?

Yes, any accidental loss or damage to your personal effects during the course of employment is covered. However, incidents of theft or malicious damage must be reported to the police as soon as possible.

Is accidental damage to clients’ property covered in the insurance policy?

Yes. Under the public liability aspect of our Carers & Personal Assistants, you are covered for accidentally damaging your client’s property.

Can I pay yearly for this policy?

Yes, we offer annual payments as well as monthly payments.

Am I covered if I get injured at work?

Self-employed carers can claim up to £12,500 personal accident cover. This includes overnight hospital stays if you are physically injured on the job.

Am I covered if I accidentally injure my client?

Yes. Our Carers Insurance policy covers accidental injury to care recipients.

Do I need any qualifications or training to take out this policy?

Yes. You do need to have earned qualifications or undergone formal training to enjoy the benefits of our carers insurance policy. You may be required to produce evidence of such training or qualification.

Am I covered if I accidentally give my client the incorrect medication?

You must have received appropriate training or have the relevant qualifications to be covered for these tasks. You may be required to provide evidence of this in the event of a claim.

Am I covered if my client is going to sue me?

Yes. Your self-employed carer insurance policy includes Carers Legal Protection. This means your Legal Defence and costs in defending yourself against allegations of negligence or abuse are covered. You also have access to our 24/7 Legal Advice Helpline.