Surewise offers affordable home insurance that also covers home contents insurance where desired, but you don’t have to take our word for it.
You can compare our prices against other home insurance providers to help you make an informed decision.
|Insurance Company||Cover Level||Duration||Price|
|Surewise||Home and Contents||Monthly||£30.76/m|
|Halifax||Home and Contents||Monthly||£31.51/m|
|John Lewis||Home and Contents||Monthly||£34.09/m|
|Hastings Premier||Home and Contents||Monthly||£35.85/m|
|Quoteline Direct||Home and Contents||Monthly||£41.78/m|
|AXA||Home and Contents||Monthly||£43.85/m|
*Based on a four bedroom detached house, South of London. Prices were correct at time of publishing, however, providers may change their prices at any time.
The numbers don’t lie; our prices are the most affordable, but what exactly do we cover?
Buildings Insurance covers:
- The structures (walls, roof, garage, driveway, fences, shed) on your property
- Permanent fixtures and fittings (bathroom and kitchen fittings) in your home.
- Repairs and partial or complete rebuilds after a disaster. Disasters covered usually include storms, floods, subsidence (ground sinking), fire and vandalism.
Mortgage providers usually require buildings cover. So you’ll need it either as part of a combined policy (for homeowners) or as a standalone policy (for landlords).
Contents Insurance covers:
- All items on the property, including garden furniture, clothes, jewellery, DVDs, CDs, books, computers, appliances, bicycles, money in the home,
- Any tools in the garage or shed and even freezer contents.
Contents-only policies are good for tenants who don’t have to worry about the structure of the house or flat they live in.
Halifax Home Insurance
Halifax Home Insurance offers two levels of cover: standard and ultimate. Standard cover as quoted above includes Buildings and Private Residence Cover of up to £500,000 as well as Contents cover of up to £75,000. High risk items cover is included and excess for Buildings cover is £500 and excess for contents cover is £350.
John Lewis Home Insurance
Cover quoted is for Bronze cover and offers a basic cover including cover for the buildings of your home and other permanent structures on your land, such as garages and outbuildings, drives, walls, fences and gates, against damage by fire, flood, subsidence, accidental breakage of drains and pipes, accidental damage to cables and underground tanks and other specified causes.
Hastings Premium Home Insurance
Hastings Premium home insurance cover, as quoted above, includes cover for £1,000,000 worth of buildings cover, £75,000 worth of contents cover. £200,000 alternative accommodation cover, New for old replacement, Guaranteed repairs, Home Emergency Cover and Family Legal Protection cover.
Quoteline Direct Home Insurance
The following cover is included in the above quoted cover:
- Buildings sum insured: £500,000
- Granted contents sum insured: £60,000
- Excess are as follows: £450
- Contents total excess: £350
- Accidental damage included
AXA Home Insurance
Cover quoted is basic Home Smart cover, and includes Building cover of £500,000, contents cover of £75,000, as well as valuables cover for £20,000. Repairs guaranteed within a 30 day period and excess is compulsory at £100.