Central Heating Insurance

Cover includes

  • Central Heating, Boilers, Plumbing & more
  • No Call Out Charges or Hidden Fees
  • 24/7 Emergency Helpline

From just £55 per year

Get a Quote

Central Heating Cover

When it comes to having problems your central heating system, you realise that keeping your home toasty warm is something that you wish you hadn’t taken for granted.

Our Home Emergency Cover safeguards against central heating breakdown, boiler malfunctions & more, saving you from unexpected costs and protecting you from the cold. With a 24/7 emergency helpline, our expert advisors are ready to send out approved engineers to fix your problems as soon as possible.

Combining boiler cover, central heating protection, plumbing, drainage and more, to give you comprehensive cover against the unexpected and allow you to live life confidently.

If you are a landlord, we can also take care of your tenant’s emergencies for you with our Landlord’s Home Emergency Insurance.

Get a Quote

Key Benefits of our Home Emergency Insurance

Cover Options

Our all-in-one home emergency cover plans start from just £55 a year. We offer three levels of cover for you to choose from with a maximum number of 5 claims per year:

What is covered?

We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly, we can’t cover everything.

What is not covered?

We aim to be as clear and transparent as possible. So feel free to check what we cover, because sadly, we can’t cover everything.

Get a Quote

Important bits to know

Don’t worry if you change your mind about our home emergency policy, as you can take advantage of our 14-day cooling off period.

We don’t store your credit card details and we don’t automatically renew your policies without speaking to you. However, our payment partner, Worldpay, does retain enough information so that we are able to refund you.

Please note there is a 14-day Moratorium with this policy before you are able to make a claim and 28 days for Landlord policies.

How to make a claim

This policy is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Ltd and all claims are handled by Intana Assist. In the event of an emergency, please call Intana Assist on the 24/7 phone line: 0144 4442385.

The Price Match Guarantee

We offer much more than just great prices, but we don’t want price to be a reason you shop elsewhere.

At Surewise we believe that our home emergency cover is the cheapest and best value cover on the market.

So, if you find the same cover cheaper elsewhere, we promise we’ll match it – even up to 7 days after your purchase.

All you need to do is make a note of the supplier, its price and the cover you want us to match. We will verify and match the price there and then for you.

To benefit, please contact us via our help centre.

Price promise terms and conditions

Price promise terms and conditions

  1. We’ll match our competitor’s website UK price
  2. The competitor’s product must provide the same level of cover as ours, be offered on the same terms, and be purchasable online.
  3. We will price match up to 7 days after your purchase
  4. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and cover levels
  5. We’ll match the price of a product; not other charges or other services, and a discount must not have been provided
  6. Cannot be used with any other offer

Price Match Promise Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What do you consider to be an emergency?

A sudden and unforeseen domestic situation which, if not dealt with quickly, would in our opinion:

Is there excess payable?

Yes, there is an excess to pay on this policy. The amount you pay depends on your level of cover.

What happens if I want to cancel my policy?

If you cancel the policy within the 14-day cancellation period and no claims were made and no claims are pending, you will receive a full refund.

If you cancel the policy outside of the 14-day cancellation period, this will take effect immediately and unfortunately, no refund of premium will be made.

Do I need Domestic or Landlord policy if I live with lodgers?

As long as the insured person lives at the property and it is classed as one property (not 1a, 1b etc.) then you will need a Domestic Home Emergency policy.

Are house shares/HMO’s covered?

A HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupancy) is a house occupied by more than 2 qualifying persons, those being persons who are not all members of the same family.

Currently, these dwellings are not covered by our Home Emergency policies

What happens if my home is burgled?

In the unfortunate instance that you are burgled, under the terms our policy, we would make your home safe and secure until a permanent repair can be arranged by you or under your Home Buildings and Contents insurance.

What is the duration of the policy?

This home emergency policy will begin on the date shown on the policy schedule and will run for a period of 12 calendar months unless cancelled.

Do you cover plumbing on the same policy as central heating systems?

Yes, depending on the level of cover you choose:

Home emergency policies covers emergency repairs in the event of any of the following emergency situations:

We also cover complete failure of your: