Home Insurance

Cover For Your Home Includes

  • Structural Damage & Repair
  • Partial or Full Repair/Rebuild After A Disaster
  • Tailored Policy to Your Requirements
  • Policies Underwritten by SAGIC

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Get a Quote

Building and Contents Home Insurance

Our Home Insurance is designed to protect Homeowners, Landlords and Occupants from the costs of unpredictable events that come with owning and/or occupying a property.

Comprised of two main elements; Building Insurance and Contents Insurance, our policies offer comprehensive cover tailored to your specific needs. So whether your primary concern is protecting your property from fire or flood, safeguarding your prized possessions within the property or even both, with our policies you can rest assured that your property and belongings are protected.

Get a Quote

Home Insurance Comparison

There are many websites that offer home insurance comparisons in the UK, including buildings and household contents policy comparisons. They are convenient because you can quickly and easily get several quotes online. However, if you’re going to use an online insurance comparison site, choose one that has a good reputation for delivering reliable and transparent home insurance deals. This is in addition to getting the best quotes from insurance companies in the UK, of course.

Look out for very high excesses, and also remember that not every provider is available on home insurance comparison websites. Both SAGIC and Direct Line do not feature on any comparison sites.

We have partnered with SAGIC, The Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation to underwrite many of our products and are proud to partner with them to provide you with a competitive home insurance quote. SAGIC’s profits go to The Salvation Army to help people in need, so you can be sure you have an ethical, trustworthy underwriter and also know that your policy will help others, whilst staying highly competitively priced.

SAGIC logo

Bear in mind that different insurers offer different levels of cover with different standard benefits, optional extras and exclusions. You have to compare home insurance deals on a holistic level before deciding which cover to buy.

What is covered under each policy?

Buildings Insurance covers:

Mortgage providers usually require buildings cover. So you’ll need it either as part of a combined policy (for homeowners) or as a standalone policy (for landlords).

Contents Insurance covers:

Contents-only policies are good for tenants who don’t have to worry about the structure of the house or flat they live in.

Get a Quote

What is Home Insurance?

Home Insurance is two insurance products; Contents Insurance and Buildings Insurance, combined to create a comprehensive product to allow customers to rest assured that their homes, and the possessions inside, are covered for when things go wrong.

What is Buildings Insurance?

Home Buildings Insurance protects you against unforeseen costs in the event of damage or theft to permanent fittings inside the property, as well as structural damage to the property itself.

What is Contents Insurance?

Home Contents Insurance safeguards your personal belongings within the house, covering the cost of replacing them in event of damage, loss or theft.

Do I need Home Insurance?

Having House Insurance (Building and Contents Insurance) is not a legal requirement in the UK

However, there are some scenarios in which you may be required to have at least one element of home insurance.

For example; If you have a mortgage on your home, your lender may request that you take out a buildings insurance policy to cover the property in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as a flood or fire.

Who is Home Insurance for?

Home Insurance is for anyone who is looking to protect their property against unforeseen circumstances, whether that be the actual property or the contents contained within.

Buildings Insurance is designed for homeowners and/or landlords.

Contents Insurance is designed for the occupants of a property, whether that be the owner or a tenant. Some policies also cover possessions that are taken outside of the home, even extending the cover to belongings when travelling.

How much does House Insurance cost on average?

The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index report for the 2nd quarter of 2022 indicates the following;

What does House Insurance Cover?

With Home Insurance being the combination of buildings insurance & contents insurance, anything that falls under either of these categories is covered.

What does Building Insurance cover?

Buildings Insurance covers structural damage to the property, repair & replacement of utility-based products, as well as sheds, garages & garden fences.

What does Contents Insurance cover?

House Contents Insurance covers against accidental damage, loss or theft of personal possessions, such as;

Some policies also cover possessions that are taken outside of the home, with some even extending the cover overseas.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Best Home Insurance?

It is difficult to determine what Property Insurance is the best as each policy provider will offer different benefits and each customer will have different needs.

The most important thing is to choose the cover & company that is right for you for a price that is within your budget.

How can I save money on Home Insurance?

Shopping around for your home and contents insurance is a surefire way of saving a few extra pounds. Fortunately, there are a number of comparison sites that allow you to compare home insurance however, it is worthwhile doing your research as some providers have exclusive offers that are not on price comparisons websites.

Are electronic devices covered in my House Insurance Policy?

Typically speaking, electronic devices are covered within a home contents insurance policy.

Everything from your TV to your microwave will be covered if it is damaged, lost or stolen, providing you with a like for like replacement following an insured event.

What do I need as proof of purchase?

A receipt would be the primary way to prove that you have purchased an item however this may not always be the case.

It is always best to check your policy wording and/or speak with the provider to double-check!